Guide to buying and hiring minigolf
Why buy or hire crazy golf?
Because it’s good, hole-some fun! It’s a great way of bringing people together to unwind and enjoy themselves at a wide variety of events:
- Team building events
- Product promotions
- Marketing events
- Office parties
- Awards ceremonies
- Social or client engagement activities
- Charity fundraising
- Community projects
- Wedding parties
- School fun days
- Birthday parties
- Garden parties
It’s highly portable, can be set up indoors or outdoors and requires no power supply. A complete set of our crazy golf equipment will fit into a standard lift shaft, so even if your event is on the top floor of a building, access is not a problem. It will also fit into a standard family car so it can be driven to any location with vehicular access. If you hire it, we deliver direct to the venue, and if you buy a course you have the peace of mind of knowing that it is transportable with a minimum of fuss.
What are the fundamentals of a good minigolf course?
A reliable, weatherproof playing surface and high quality equipment are key to a good minigolf experience. Our portable, interlocking astrograss tiles can be laid out in a variety of shapes to suit the venue and available space. If the course is outdoors and it rains, the tiles drain quickly so play can continue! Our putters and balls are the best available, so wonky shots are down to the player rather than the equipment!
And there will be wonky shots, because another essential feature of a good minigolf course is a decent level of challenge. For that ‘just one more go’ factor, our set of obstacles can create demanding holes. Even ‘big’ golfers find it’s not that easy to get round our courses. Your crazy golf course hire can be set up to make acing each hole possible (getting a hole in one), or more difficult combinations can be added for par 2, 3 or 4 holes.
We provide scorecards, hole marker flags, putting cups and everything else needed to lay out a complete minigolf course. A typical course can be set up in a short while: about 15 minutes for Bitesize, 30 for Funsize and 45 for Supersize.
Hire or buy? Pros and Cons
For one-off events like weddings, corporate parties, birthday parties and product launches, crazy golf hire is the way to go. Our service includes delivery to the venue on the day before the event and removal at a convenient time for you or the venue.
The pros of hiring include: a smaller financial outlay than buying, delivery direct to the venue and collection after the event. A hire is perfect for fundraising activities, weddings, product promotions, conferences and exhibitions, parties and marketing events.
The only con is that you won’t want to give it back!
It makes sense to buy a course rather than hiring if you have multiple recurring events where you are likely to re-use the course, or if you simply want to own your own portable crazy golf course!
Pros of buying include the ease of storage due to the small footprint of the equipment (1x1.5m), quick setup time at each event, quick cleaning and maintenance (just brush off dirt from the putting surface tiles then store them away), and ease of transport.
The only con is the larger financial outlay. But it isn’t really a con at all, because you have your own minigolf course for ever!
Which course is best for my event?
We have three sizes of portable crazy golf: Bitesize, Funsize and Supersize. There is also a Customsize option for very small or very large requirements.
- The 9-hole Supersize course is great for big events where minigolf is one of the main attractions. It fits into a largish room, office or hall and can be spread out more if used outdoors.
- Funsize is our regular course hire for weddings and smaller scale events. It also has 9 holes but is a bit more compact and the putting lengths are shorter. Just as challenging though if the obstacles are laid out right!
- Bitesize is a 4-hole course perfect for a spare space in an office or for a sideshow attraction at outdoor events. We’ve had customers lay out our Bitesize course along the corridors in their offices for a quick lunchtime or tea break putt on office fun days. You can also install a course in a breakout room for a bit of employee fun and team building.
Can I have a custom course with my branding on it?
Yes! Branded courses are great for company events where it’s important to bring the firm’s identity and brand to the ‘fore’. The best places to add your branding are the foam edges and the floor tiles. Foam edges can be covered with a caption, strapline, hashtag, social media profile(s) or simply your corporate logo. You can also have your logo or message on branded tee-off mats.
We have provided branded courses to Facebook, Tommy Hilfiger, Cravendale Milk, Guide Dogs, GGI Office Furniture, Zurich Insurance, Target Jobs, Wesleyan Bank and many others.
Due to their one-of-a-kind nature, courses with branded floor tiles are a buy-only option. However you can hire a course with branded foam edge bumpers and branded obstacle pieces, which perfectly complement small courses used at trade shows and exhibitions.
What is the hiring and buying process?
To buy a course or any of the golf course accessories, you can simply use the buy now buttons to make a purchase directly through our website. If you live outside the UK please contact us first as shipping costs will vary. We will confirm your purchase by email and call you to make sure the delivery details are correct.
To hire a course, complete the enquiry form on our site pages and we’ll get straight back to you. Alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01284 848 330. We’ll discuss the venue, space requirements, delivery and collection dates and times, and any other relevant details with you. Upon payment we’ll pack up your crazy golf equipment and ship it off to you, or deliver it ourselves if you are reasonably close to us. When your event is over we’ll arrange collection of your crazy golf hire, either by ourselves or by courier depending on your location.
Do you offer minigolf accessories as well as complete courses?
We carry a good stock of putters, balls and accessories including flags, obstacles, clipboards, scorecards & pencils, putt returners, ball picker uppers, novelty minigolf balls and minigolf gifts. Restock your minigolf course or add some extra putters and other items you need from our extensive stock.
Which sectors do you work with?
The short answer is ‘Anyone. Who doesn’t love crazy golf?’
The longer answer is:
- Corporate hire: events, awards ceremonies, office fun days, product promotions, marketing events, conferences & exhibitions.
- Charities: fundraising events like sponsored mini golf-a-thons, sponsored putting challenges and minigolf tournaments. Awareness-raising events.
- Event companies: add minigolf to the event entertainment package.
- Weddings: our minigolf hire is popular at wedding parties for guest entertainment, indoors or outdoors.
- Borough and County Councils: social events, fairs, sports days, office events.
- Universities and Student Unions: graduation days, Summer balls, freshers weeks, activity weeks.
- Schools: Open days, sports days, fun days, fundraisers.
- Shopping centres: portable crazy golf provides a challenge for the public and draws people into the centre. A shopping centre can boost revenues by charging per round for the use of a permanent or semi-permanent course. Alternatively, Putterfingers staff can host a pay-and-play event for a shopping centre.
- Private parties, birthdays, anniversaries, stag and hen parties.
- Community groups, Scouts and Guides, marketing agencies... the list goes on.
Why choose Putterfingers?
We offer a unique product: modular, portable crazy golf hire. We also sell the complete set of equipment for a more permanent course or one that is used several times a year. It offers value for money because it costs a lot of time and money to build a crazy golf course out of wood, metal and concrete, like the permanent courses you visit and pay to play on. Our solution fits into a car, is easy to set up and take down, and provides the same amount of fun at a fraction of the cost!
Excellent customer service is core to our business. With thousands of crazy golf equipment hires to our name, we are experts at providing friendly help and advice, fast delivery and timely and considerate collection. If we deliver the course to you ourselves we will set it up for you and take it down again when your event is over. If we send it to you by courier, it’s easy to set it up yourself – just watch our little tutorial video that shows you how.
We have provided portable crazy golf hire to a client list that includes the following:
- Capital FM
- Sipsmith Gin
- Ernst & Young
- Sunderland, Middlesbrough and North Lincs Councils
- Hallam University
- University of Essex
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Bedford
- Emmanuel College Cambridge
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Age Concern
- Intercontinental Hotels And many more.
Putterfingers crazy golf hire requires no power supply, can be set up anywhere indoors or outdoors, and works alongside other event equipment, indeed if desired it can be set up around it for a ‘roaming’ crazy golf experience to make best use of the available space.
If you think you would like to include minigolf at an event, drop us a line at email@example.com (Connected Shopping is our parent company. You’ll get straight through to Putterfingers). Our phone number for an informal chat about your requirements, costings, location, delivery etc. is 01284 848 330.