Terms & Conditions
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Putterfingers’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Last modified: 2nd May 2019
This website – www.putterfingers.co.uk - is a website owned and maintained by Connected Shopping Ltd. Connected Shopping Ltd is a company registered in England, number 3844606.
Our procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information are designed to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our Privacy Principles
Connected Shopping is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
Connected Shopping is accredited with ISO 27001:2013 for Information Security Management.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information.
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information, and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it's held.
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles.
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries.
Data we collect and process
As appropriate, we may collect:
- Unique personal identifiers (e.g. your name, email address).
- Your contact details (and we update these whenever you let us know that they have changed).
- Details of your interactions with us including records of communications, such as emails and phone calls.
- Personal data provided by you for a specific purpose (e.g. disability and dietary preferences for event management purposes).
- Your communication preferences, to help us provide tailored and relevant communications.
We also record, where applicable, and in some cases, publicly available information about you.
In order to provide our full range of services, we may also collect the following types of information:
Log information – When you access our websites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Links – Our systems may present hyperlinks in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our product.
This information is used for the provision of our services and for:
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our service.
- Protecting the rights or property of Connected Shopping Ltd or our users.
How we process your information
Your data is used by us for a number of interdependent purposes in support of our legitimate business interests. These include:
- Fulfilling our regulatory obligations.
- Supplying you with the goods, services and information which you have requested.
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated otherwise.
- Notifying you about changes to our services.
- Ensuring that content from our services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Analysis so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our services.
We may contact you by post, telephone or email and text message. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know by getting in touch with our Customer Service Team on 01284 848 330 or by using the address details listed below under the section “Questions and Complaints”.
The basis on which data is processed
The legal basis for processing your personal data for the interdependent purposes set out above is that it is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests, or the carrying out of a task in the public interest, or in the exercise of our official authority. We always handle your personal data securely and minimise its use, and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for these purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except where disclosure is:
- Necessary to enforce our rights.
- Required or permitted by law.
Connected Shopping is accredited with ISO 27001:2013 for Information Security Management.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Connected Shopping employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We do not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the legitimate purposes outlined above.
- Legal, contractual and regulatory requirements - There is a legal/contractual requirement to keep records and data relating to services, payments, etc, for six years.
- Operational records - Data relating to day to day administration will be retained for 3 years.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) outlines several rights. More information about these rights, including the conditions under which they apply, can be found at ico.org.uk.
You have the right to:
- Ask us for access to, or rectification of, or erasure of your data.
- Restrict processing (pending correction or deletion).
- Object to communications or direct marketing.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
To request a copy of the information we hold on you, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. You will receive a response within 7 days. Once we reply to you with details on the information we hold on you, we will further indicate how to request amendments to, rectifications of, or deletions of this data.
Questions and complaints
Connected Shopping Ltd
Unit 7 Brunel Business Court
By email to email@example.com. By phone to 01284 848 330.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Connected Shopping Ltd's policy to contact the complainant regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Connected Shopping Ltd and an individual.
Putterfingers.co.uk and Putterfingers.com are owned and managed by Connected Shopping Ltd 2011. Connected Shopping Ltd is a company, limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with company number 3844606. Connected Shopping Ltd has registered the trademark 'Putterfingers'. It may not be used in any way without our express and written permission.
We take the theft of our original work very seriously and would draw to your attention it is protected under UK copyright law. Please note we always sue for compensation if any part of our website, design or SEO whether text or images, are found being used without prior authorisation in writing. Our solicitors are Metcalfe Copeman and Pettefar - www.mcp-law.co.uk, with whom we have a very good relationship. They have proven themselves reliable and efficient at executing our wishes to take legal action against those who would steal our intellectual property.
What can be returned?
All products are returnable IF the product is in the same condition as when purchased. This includes the product packaging.
When do items need to be returned by?
You must inform Connected Shopping Ltd of your intention to return goods no later than 7 days after your receipt of the goods. If a Return Authorization is issued, the goods must then be received by us within a further 7 days.
How do Customers return items?
Contact us via email or by phone to obtain a RETURN AUTHORIZATION
Where do items need to be returned to?
After obtaining a RETURN AUTHORIZATION, product can be returned to:
Putterfingers, Unit 7 Brunel Business Court, Brunel Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 1HP
Shipping for Returns?
Customer is responsible for shipping charges for returns.
Credit for Returns?
Your payment will be refunded once the item is received, inspected and accepted back into stock.
Product Packing Materials?
The product’s packing material must be in same condition as when received.